WQED Pittsburgh, honored with the 2007 and 2006 Mid-Atlantic Emmy® Award for Station Excellence, was founded in 1954 as the nation's first community-supported broadcaster. WQED creates, produces and distributes quality programs, products and services to engage, inform, educate and entertain the public within its community and around the world. WQED Pittsburgh is one of the first broadcasters in the country to be fully high-definition (HD) in its studio and field production capabilities. It is the parent company of WQED-TV (PBS); WQED: The Create Channel; Classical WQED-FM 89.3/Pittsburgh; WQEJ-FM 89.7/Johnstown; local and national television and radio productions; WQED Interactive (www.wqed.org); and The WQED Education Department.
The Account Executive is responsible for generating revenue for WQED Multimedia by developing and furthering relationships with clients to insure continued support for the organization's broadcast products and services.
- Develop and present proposals to meet pre-determined needs of client for presentations.
- Write contract request forms.
- Develop schedule of announcements and deliver to FM and Production Assistant for traffic placement.
- Write announcements for client approval and deliver to FM traffic person and/or Production Assistant along with video components.
- Develop promotional and/or underwriting ideas for clients.
- Collect payment from clients.
- Generate new business through targeting prospects.
- Maintain up-to-date information of broadcast businesses as well as client business.
- Develop a list of targeted media and matching prospect's needs with WQED program/strategies.
- Contact prospective client – pre-determine needs and set up appointments.
- Volunteer for station events and perform other company projects as needed.
Required education and skills:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience is required. A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- One year of sales and marketing experience, preferably in the broadcast industry, is required.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of sales techniques and broadcast industry sales along with excellent customer service and social media skills.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Donor Relations Specialist
The Donor Relations Specialist is responsible for leading and contributing to the cultivation and retention of members, viewers, listeners, and online visitors by providing excellent customer service and by maintaining accurate member records.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the main point of contact for WQED members and visitors addressing concerns, answering questions and providing additional information as necessary.
- Respond enthusiastically, accurately, and in a timely manner to member calls, emails, and letters.
- Maintain accurate member records within CRM database, adjusting, correcting, and updating accounts as necessary to ensure accuracy.
- Attend internal meetings and communicate interdepartmentally to keep abreast of station projects, programming changes, and other events that may impact viewers and listeners.
- Identify, track, and report trends and issues to appropriate staff.
- Work with outside vendors to address member/account issues or requests.
- Assist station viewers and listeners with donations/inquiries/requests and redirect to appropriate departments, if necessary.
- Responsible for fulfillment of In-house premiums.
- Receive and organize storage of Premiums.
- Train and coordinate volunteers to assist with fulfillment of Premiums. Move shipment of items from storage to packaging area.
- Inventory stock and provide Premium Coordinator and manager of Shop WQED with list of items and supplies to reorder.
- Manage Shipping file.
- Communicate with outside Premium suppliers to track and resolve any delays in fulfillment to members, product status and shipping details.
- Communicate with suppliers to manage Premium returns or unfulfilled orders.
- Provide technical assistance to members for electronic and online benefits (WQED Digital Guide and PBS Passport).
- Explain said products and services, eligibility and guide members through technical processes.
- Direct members appropriately if more complicated assistance needed (i.e, PBS Help or WQED Interactive).
- Work as a productive member of the Development and Membership team and maintain collegial relationships with co-workers inter and intra departmentally.
- Assist as necessary with events and other activities (both on- and off-site) that may fall outside of normal business hours.
- Other tasks as needed.
Required education and skills:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience required.
- This position requires incumbent to contribute to the cultivation and retention of members, viewers, listeners and web-surfers by providing excellent customer service and maintaining accurate member records. Must be proficient in MS Office, have excellent customer service skills, excellent organizational skills and must display the highest level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.